To realize the bad sectors and damage alerting signal of Hard Disk or portable disk, encounter multiple issues with PCs and the storage devices such as slow read and write speeds, file errors and more. Not all of these issues are caused due to the OS or hardware limitations of the Notebooks, Laptops or PCs.
Some keys are to detect the immine
nt failure of your drives before they give out on you and data is lost.
- Frequent but irregular crashes, especially while booting up Windows®
- Frequent and cryptic error messages while performing typical activities like moving files.
- Folder and file names that have been scrambled and changed.
- Disappearing files and folders.
- Really long wait times to access folders and files
- Hard disk is silent for a long period after you request data by opening a file or folder
- Garbled output from open files or printing
- Hard drive grinds away constantly because of noisy bearings
- If your drive is making regular clicking or grinding sounds, chances are you have a mechanical failure within the drive
So, on this above circumstances, turn off your computer, laptop as soon as possible as continued use may damage the platters (data storage area) and make your data unrecoverable.
The longer the drive is powered on, the more damage you may be doing to your data.